Molly Ford's
Smart, Pretty & Awkward

How to be Smarter: Rules of a Creator’s Life. (I especially like number six).

How to be Prettier: I’m seeing a lot of orange-tangerine in springtime clothes this year; this skirt is one of my favorite pieces I’ve seen so far in the color. (Reminder: With the promo code SMARTER, you can get 30% off a single regular priced item and free standard shipping at Francesca’s Collections, valid until 1/30). Disclaimer: Online only. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promo codes. One time use. Gift cards & sale items are excluded.

How to be (less) Awkward: When something small annoys you, before saying something, wait five minutes. Usually, in five minutes, you’ll have either forgotten about the issue or it will have corrected itself. If you save speaking up about issues for the things that really matter to you, you are usually listened to more than if you constantly complain about smaller things that really weren’t that important to you to begin with.

January 30, 2012

12 Responses

1. Laura says:

The less awkward in 4 words: pick your battles wisely! I tell myself that everyday, many times a day! Best advice out there.

2. Kate says:

The orange color popular this spring is because of Pantone’s color of the year for 2012 -Tangerine Tango…

3. Molly Ford says:

Kate–That’s good to know!! Thanks for the info :)

4. sarah says:

sometimes in the heat of the moment, we forget that that continuous effort does pay off….sometimes it is so hard. Glad to be reminded with the quote. Keep up the great quotes. Love how they tie into the 3 themes with each post.

5. Ariana says:

I found this quote about a year ago and it has been hanging on an index card ever since then :)

6. Addidesu says:

I was going to mention the Pantone Mango Tango thing, but someone beat me to it! I work in retail and oh lordy, there’s so many beautiful orange clothes! Another great post!

7. Emma says:

I agree – Number 6, it’s my thing 6 days a week when I wake up at 4am (Wednesday is my “sleep” in day).

8. Valerie says:

I really like smart, pretty, and awkward. <3

9. Samantha says:

Thanks for finding the rules of a creator’s life! They’re hung up on my wall right now :) I love smart, pretty and awkward and you always have just the right advice at the right time <3 Thanks so much!

10. Clara says:

The rules for a creator’s life is my new desktop background — I want to always have a reminder with me! Very wise words.
    xx Clara from That Girl Magazine

11. T. Danielle says:

Omg why is the Awkward my life at the momenttt -_- // Francesca’s Collections is one of my favorite collections!

12. I love how you set up your posts, as well as the name of your blog. Keep up the fantastic work!