Molly Beck's
Smart, Pretty & Awkward

How to be Smarter: Only use your bed as a place to sleep. If you use it as a place to watch TV, play on the computer, or do homework, when it is actually time to go to sleep your body will be confused whether to be alert or asleep.

How to be Prettier: Pretty people make others feel pretty. If you are cruising facebook pictures and someone looks extra nice, send them a quick message saying how great they look. If you are home for the weekend and your mom looks refreshed and happy, tell her. If you are at school and a classmate’s hair was just cut, compliment them.

How to be (less) Awkward: I spent a long time this morning combing through this site, which bills itself as “an archive of strange and wonderful products.”

May 12, 2010

7 Responses

1. Kristin says:

That’s an interesting website!
    Also, your note about hanging out on your bed intrigues me. I’m thinking I should start doing hw at my desk now that you said that, but the desk pretty much always in a state of disarray. Do you have a source for that info?

P.S. Did you know that, to conserve your laptop battery so it doesn’t wear out, you can plug in the laptop but take out the battery? Oaaaa.

2. hillarygras says:

Love your pretty today :)

Speaking of… I like this pretty layout better!

3. hillarygras says:

omg and great site to waste time on!

4. Hannah says:

The bed tip TOTALLY works! I heard it a few months ago while having an especially difficult time falling asleep. It is almost inevitable that the nights in which I use my computer in bed, I cannot fall asleep. The mind-body connection is crazy that way!

5. Miri says:

I don’t remember a source, but I’ve heard the thing about using bed only for sleep many different times. If you make it a point not to use your bed for homework, your body will see it as a relaxing place and associate it only with sleep. That will help you sleep better.

6. Miri says:

Oh, also–how funny that you happened to reference Curiobot just now! I just discovered it yesterday when a friend linked to it on Facebook, and then here it is on SPA. Who knows, maybe they saw it here first!

7. Jennifer says:

I discovered your blog on Saturday, and have been going through the archives since- except for when I just stopped for an hour and a half to go through every item of “strange and wonderful products”.

I love it all- with emphasis on the “less awkard” aspect.

(…and probably understandably so by this point…)